Friday, January 18, 2013

Our office is right in the downtown area and about 15 minutes walk from my hotel. So last night I decided to walk home at 7:30 pm. Probably not advisable, and I was offered a ride by my co-workers which I refused seeing as it is so close by. This walk from office to hotel takes me by the market and bus station area, one of the most crowded parts of town. For some reason or other as I was getting near the market (maybe because it was dark and crowded--a bad combination in my mind) I started to get a strange feeling. Without really thinking much about it I diverted my route which required walking a couple extra blocks, but it just felt better. No exciting end to this tale sorry, I got home safely is all. And I don't even know if my feeling was substantiated in any way. Truth is even in day time I feel this is an area where one should be cautious. Here's a  picture from this morning.

No comments: