Tuesday, January 22, 2013

I forgot to mention, in the second half of the walk we were in farmland but still some distance from any major road. People were somewhat amused by my presence since it doesn't seem like many foreigners get back that way. One guy though took one  look at me and abandoned his bicycle, goat, even his sandals and sprinted off down the trail as if his life depended on it. I'm not sure why he was so scared--one of my companions said it was because he was afraid of white people,  but it was more like he had just seen the Dark Lord of Mordor or something, I mean he was beating it down that trail--which is also why I don't have a picture. I've heard many times of people who are afraid of foreigners, and I actually have kind of figured that things like that may have happened in the past, not anymore. A first for me for sure.

No comments: