Monday, September 17, 2012

This is the row boat I mentioned yesterday. And do you see that black blob in the sky? That's not a bird as I first thought, it's a bat. A big old bat. And there were dozens of them just after sunset (flying out of some cave I suppose) heading out to feed. They really were huge, like the body of the bat was almost chicken size. In fact locally they call them chicken bats. At first I thought they were seagulls.

Also, if these recent blog posts make me sound like I'm on vacation, I will admit that this trip is easier than normal, and technically, I am on vacation. The organization I work for is not actually working in this location. We partner with an organization that partners with someone. A bit indirect and convoluted perhaps, but then that seems like the most appropriate arrangement, at least at the moment. And the main purpose is a get-to-know-you kind of situation. Don't get me wrong, I do like the kind of intense (and hopefully productive!) trips that I normally get to do, but it is nice to be able to dial it back a bit, at least for a few days.


No comments: