Thursday, September 20, 2012

I am stranded on the beach for 24 hours. Kind of a long story but has to do with places I can't travel that are otherwise on the agenda of places to visit, etc, etc. I'm not minding. My daily to do list suddenly shrunk to almost nothing and included things like ordering a cup of coffee and going for a swim. When I went for a walk on the beach I noticed that there were all these circular patterns in the sand. At first I thought maybe they had combed the beach with somekind of machine that had spinning brushes but that didn't make sense since there's no tourists on this beach. You can see in the photo, all the little holes and in one hole near the centre of the shot there's actually a little tiny crab. At first I thought it was a spider, but it actually has little tiny claws. Around each hole are concentric circles made up of those tiny mounds, and alley  ways in  between I guess for ease of movement. I they do move fast. As soon as I start walking towards the holes, there's a blur as all the spider-like crabs head for cover.

No comments: