Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Kuala Lumpur light rapid transit system, KL LRT. Clean, easy to use, and I spent no more than 50 cents on any given trip--in air conditioned comfort. Tokens, such as the one below are purchased using machines with touch screen and I had no problem selecting the stop I needed and paying. The token is then swiped at the gates in the background to allow you into the system, and then when you reach your destination, you deposit the token in a slot in the same gates to exit. I thought I was going to be able to keep one as a souvenir. But this is much better since the tokens are recycled. And I seemed to be able to get anywhere I wanted to get. I would have to say this makes this city a definite recommendation as a tourist destination. If only Toronto could figure out how to do something like this. Ironically, the trains in the KL system were built in Canada.

No comments: