Saturday, February 06, 2010

As we bounced our way down the road out of our project tonight in our pickup, on the way back to Port au Prince, I was reminded of a time, a long time ago, when I worked for another organization called ECHO (www.echonet.org--great organization, I highly recommend their internship programme if you are a recent university grad, and thinking about ag. development). I remember bouncing down a similar Haitian road, albeit in a different part of the country, and the group of us somehow deriving our own lyrics for the John Denver song, "500 miles". I don't know if you're familiar with the song, but our version was,"5 Haitian miles, 5 Haitian miles, Lord I'm 5 Haitian miles away from home. Lord I'm one, Lord I'm two, Lord I'm three, Lord I'm four, Lord I'm five Haitian miles away from home..." Tonight this still struck me as very funny as my shoulders head, and buttocks were constantly assaulted by various parts of the truck.

No comments: