Sunday, February 10, 2013

One trip ends and another begins. Lately it seems I travel more than I stay in one place. Today's journey begins in Toronto and ends in the Dominican Republic. Work of course, but purely by coincidence, my brother and his family will be vacationing in the DR next week. So, I'm going to take a few days vacation and try to track them down at their resort. I'm looking forward to it, but tracking them down may not be straightforward, since there is no direct transport from where I will be on the island to where they will be on the island. Advice on the internet tells me I can take a series of local buses (guaguas) that will get me there but that remains to be seen. I will let you know how that goes. In the meantime, I'm focusing on the upcoming week which involves discussion with local staff of sustainable agriculture and research. Also will let you know how that goes.

But this morning my main objective is to nap on the plane.

No comments: