Monday, February 11, 2013

I have to say, I love the DR. It's true that, and someone accused me of this the other day, that I say that about every place I go. Which makes my statement seem somewhat less meaningful perhaps, but there's lots to love here. Beautiful weather, especially this time of year, hot, but not unbearable, beautiful people, lots of green trees, mountains, beaches, rivers, waterfalls, birds. Next week, when I take actual vacation, I'm hoping to see some whales. I'm excited about that since I've never seen one not in museum or aquarium. There's a list of animals I hope to see someday which includes leopards, crocodiles, gorillas, and chimpanzees. In the wild that is. Seeing them in captivity doesn't count. But, my week of work begins now. I hear someone at my door to pick me up.

No comments: