Monday, February 18, 2013

Now and for the next few days at an all inclusive with my brother and his family. First time ever for me at an all inclusive. In fact my brother just offered me a drink from the mini fridge and at first I protested because of the charges to the room. Still not used to the all inclusive idea. There may not be many photos over the next few days. For those of you who take local transport, the way to get here is Expresso Bavaro a bus that runs from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana in about 3 hours, maybe 3.5. Don't get off at the Punta Cana airport though, like I did. I thought I would be able to take a shuttle from the airport straight to the resort, but no such luck. Instead I ended up taking 4 different local buses and spending about 2 hours to go 25 kms. Total cost 90 pesos or about 2 USD. I could have taken a cab direct for somewhere between 25-50 USD. The thing I should have done is take the Expresso Bavaro bus right to the end of the line, Friusa, and then one local bus to the resort.

No comments: