Sunday, November 18, 2012

The Korean Air in-flight magazine has an article on Burma that describes the changes going on in an almost off-hand matter-of fact kind of way. It makes me feel like my speculation about change is out of touch. And the article also recommends that you book your hotel well in advance because there are so many tourists pouring in. I know that a friend of mine who is a travel agent says it's one of the more popular destinations at the moment. Maybe someone who knows more about the country can comment, but I see no evidence that things are going back to the way they were. And the evidence I do see (including inflight magazines) seems to point to massive and sudden change. I just get this kind of gut feeling that no one either inside or outside is ready for what is happening or about to happen. Like this is truly is a pivotal moment in the history of the country and the region.

No comments: