Thursday, November 15, 2012

In case you've never heard, I've been on a quest for the perfect travel pants. I virtually live in them after all, so I've had a lot of time, on planes, in airports, in crowded markets, to think about what they would  be like. And  I've never found  them. I've  looked in every store and on every website where you think they  might show up. No  luck. So one of our staff here in Thailand used to be a professional seamstress, and I finally decided that the only way to get the perfect travel pants is to  actually make them. Last time I was in the region, I left  a pair of  pants--one of my favourites, which was close--behind, along with a hand drawn sketch of what they ought  to look like, with the dimensions. And here they are.  There's going to be some rigourous field testing,  but I'm pretty excited  about the outcome.  I've also realized that with some minor adjustments, travel pants 1.1 will be even more perfect.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Will you let us know how they work out?