Sunday, November 25, 2012

Five days at home is all I get in November. I'm back at the airport again waiting for an early morning flight to Haiti. Ideally I would like to have more time between trips to recover and prepare for the next foray, but this is just the way the scheduling happened to work out this time. Keeps me on my toes I guess. I'm mostly ready. To me there are three levels of readiness:
1. Physically ready--is my laundry done? am I caught up on my sleep, do I have my travel documents? etc
2. Tactically ready--is all the scheduling lined up for the events/activities that are suppose to happen in the upcoming days? are training or discussion materials prepared? are the right people prepared to take part?
3. Emotionally ready--less tangible obviously--are the mental batteries recharged? am I ready to give the visit 100%? Am I eager to get out in the field, or am I kind of wishing I could sleep in and have a leisurely Saturday morning breakfast?

For this particular trip I would give the following ratings:
1. Physical readiness--90%
2. Tactical readiness--85%
3. Emotional readiness--70%

No comments: