Saturday, September 18, 2010

I discovered almost by accident that the guestshouse in Port au Prince where I used to stay is open again. One of the two buildings had collapsed and several staff and one guest were tragically killed back in January. So I had assumed that I wouldn't be staying there any more, but when we drove by yesterday I noticed that there were people standing on the balcony of the one remaining building. So here I am, in the new dining area which I would say is more or less out of doors and shaded by banana leaf mats. Tomorrow when it is light out again, I will take some shots. It is I guess somewhat representative of how everyone has picked up the pieces of what remains and moved on. Still, when I was napping in my room this afternoon, I found myself looking around for the best spot to take shelter if the roof was coming down.

No comments: