Wednesday, March 03, 2010

For those of you who want to know more about the organization I work for, and why we do what we do, you may want to check out Scott Sabin's new book, Tending to Eden


Scott is a good friend and a respected colleague, so it is difficult for me to review this book in an unbiased fashion. Still I think it captures very well the the importance of addressing environmental and poverty issues on a personal and global level. Underlying the narrative of Scott's book is his own personal journey--an important element, I believe, in poverty alleviation. Helping the poor is not just something we 'do': an easily assembled package which we can air-drop into a community and watch it take effect. Rather it is a journey that we join into with a community. Our personal journey cannot be separated from those with whom we join. In that sense, Scott is sharing his journey with those who read this book. I hope this book becomes a part of your journey.

1 comment:

Sleeper said...

Hey Bob,

Adam Sleeper here ... I have a blog too. Its www.adammsleeper.blogspot.com ... check it out if you like.