Thursday, March 25, 2010

So are my stomach problems blog-worthy? Yesterday they seemed pretty important. You know when you get that ominous gurgling that seems to move at will between various parts of the digestive tract, rendering you physically and emotionally incapable of thinking about anything else? Anyhow last night one of the neighbours brewed up some tea with various leaves (mango and cherimoya, I think). It was a darkish orange colour and was mixed with salt, which did not really cut the powerful bitter flavour. Nevertheless, I drank the whole thing, and guess what? Today although still not 100%, I am feeling much better. This is not the first time I've accepted a local remedy for various illness I've picked up in my travels. Maybe it's just coincidence, or mind over matter, but I find the efficacy to be quite high. I'm pretty convinced in any case, and have gotten to the point where I would probably try just about any local remedy if it was offered to me by someone I trusted.

No comments: