Friday, April 10, 2009

The thing that seems to happen is that whereever I happen to be is the reality, and those other places I've been just recently? They seem to be a very far. distant memory. In fact was I really in Korea earlier this week? I think the brain just naturally filters out stuff. It's like what they say about people with photographic memories. In some cases their brains can't distinguish between important and unimportant information and it impedes their decision making ability. They have to work at trying to block out or forget some information just to be functional.  Still, in this case, I have to do analysis and report on those far away places, which means I have to dive back in and immerse myself in that memory again. Except Korea, that was just a tourist stop. One of the few times ever that I've allowed myself, even briefly, to be 100% tourist. 


Random photo of some random Korean tourist attraction. I didn't even write down the name of it, or find out how many hectares of land it is on, or what kind of crops they grow around there. Take that serious part of my brain!

No comments: