Sunday, April 05, 2009

Funny thing about travel days, is that the place you start out in seems like a distant memory by the end of the day. Right now I'm sitting in the BKK airport, at quite literally the end of the day (11:44), and I looked in my wallet and saw a 100 Riel note, and wondered what it was. It took me a couple seconds to register that I had actually been in Cambodia at the start of this day. I once saw an article in Scientific American from the 18oo's which was questioning whether the human body could withstand speeds of over 25 miles per hour which it would be subjected too by the coming modes of transport. Seems silly now, but personally I think the way we (I) race from place to place may be physically possible, but is probably not great for the psyche. And the way I'm feeling right now, I don't know if that article was so far off on the physical side either.  Never mind, only three more flights to go, 12 times zones and a date line to cross, and a 10 hour layover in Seoul...

A 100 Riel note, worth about 2.5 cents US.
...

No comments: