Monday, August 04, 2014

I went out with the evaluation surveyors today and had a chance to walk around a bit while interviews were going on. I noticed a house where someone was using the double dug technique to produce vegetables although this person is not actively participating in the program. I also noticed that there are small trees everywhere at least in this particular community. You have to understand that this was me just wandering around on my own. No one was showing me their special project. But on my own I could find planted trees everywhere. Now, because I was on my own I couldn't confirm whether any particular tree had anything to do with our program or not but I don't think that really matters much to me. Tonnes of trees are getting planted either way. Tomorrow I'll try to upload some pictures if I can.

Which by the way, I realized tonight that I have had internet and a hot shower every single day of this trip so far. It almost doesn't seem right. I think I'm actually nostalgic for the days when travel to the developing world meant sharpening your survival skills and being resourceful about basic necessities.  I know there are still lots of places like that but I think you have to go further and further afield to find them.

No comments: