Monday, May 27, 2013

The last 4 days sadly, have been mainly focused on my digestive system. It is cruelly ironic how some invisible microbe can change your perspective from this great green earth, to a tiny knife-like pain in the pit of your stomach. What ever it is, it`s not your standard traveller`s bug, which I`ve had numerous times and generally goes away on it`s own after a day or two, a mere coma in the standard travel narrative. No, this is more like tearing pages out of my travel diary. I finally gave in today and went to a doctor, who I don`t think was really sure what I have either, but used the shot-gun approach and prescribed multiple treatments. Plus a little background research of my own tells me that they prescribed twice the dosage for one of the treatments. So I may try one dose of one thing, and see how that goes before I double or triple up with the chemicals.

No comments: