Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Sorry that this had degraded into my health diary. I decided late last night to take what the doctor prescribed, 1 g of secnidazole--for those who care about that kind of thing--and it seems to be working. I was at a meeting all day today, and never once had to rush out of the room or even felt any discomfort in any way. I ate a full lunch today for the first time in 5 days. I'm still feeling pretty wiped out, but at least my stomach  is not complaining. So things are looking up.

Today was a training day with pretty much all of our field staff here, about 25 people from all the different districts where we work. The topic was research methods for farmers which is a pretty tough topic because it tries to bring together the tightly controlled world of scientific research, and the wildly chaotic world of subsistence farming. But where those worlds collide, exciting things can happen and you have no idea what. Maybe this world has been explored from end to end,  but there's still lots to be discovered.

No comments: