Sunday, April 28, 2013

I'm in an airline airport lounge drinking free espresso and working on my laptop. Which pretty much everyone else around me is either on their smartphone or some kind of tablet device. Just 2 or 3 years ago, most would have been on laptops with a handful on phones in a similar scenario. Now I feel like some sort of brontosaurus pounding away on my keyboard with large hoof-like appendages.

I'm a little bit nervous about this trip, for reasons that I can't get into in much detail. If I tell you it's a question of paperwork I hope that will suffice and that I am  hoping it is favourably resolved soon. I will keep you posted as much as I can.

On a different note, when I was passing through customs in Europe, the officer said very little except,
 "Travel a lot?"
"Yes." my somewhat weary answer.
And  that was the entire sum of our conversation.

No comments: