Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Close call this morning. When I  went to grab  my toothbrush, I knocked the toothbrush holder out and it started to fall into the toilet. I thought, "Oh man, that's the end of that holder." But then it bounced off the edge of the seat, and bounced across to the other seat, and then miraculously bounced back up into the air where I was able to snag it. Phew.

Early day today. Up at 4. Will be on the road at 5. I am told it is a 5 or 6 hour drive to our destination and I'm warned that part of the road will be quite bad. "Jungle road" was the exact term used. I don't get much occasion to travel jungle road, but I've had numerous trips where I was warned about the road, and it turned out to be not so bad. I've seen a lot of terrible roads. My standard is still a road in the central plateau of Haiti where every time I drove it, there was a point where I would stop, get out of the vehicle, look at the rocks in front of me and ask myself if I had ever driven over this before and why. Still I'm excited about jungle road.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Good catch. We know how much you hate germs!