Saturday, September 10, 2011

Yet another pile of surveys to plough through. The stack in the back I entered this  afternoon (about 1/6th of the total) and the stack in the front is unentered (and  about 1/3rd of the total). This survey looks much more intimidating because it is 7 pages, versus the Haiti survey which is printed on 2 pages but both surveys have approximately the same amount of questions and therefore represent the same amount of work more or  less. I've got a week and with the help of the head agronomist here, I think we can get it done. (I'm in the Dominican Republic now, by the way)

On a completely different note, the family where I rent a room when I am here is having some  kind of big family gathering tomorrow for a mere 400 people. The woman in  the middle, with the black hat on has taken on  the responsibility for preparing food for everyone. Crazy. But she owned a restaurant for many years. In the photo is one of 2 pigs they are  cooking, and I don't know probably what seems like about 50 chickens. I'm invited, and actually it seems like I'm almost obliged  to go. I'll let you know  how it goes.

No comments: