Wednesday, September 21, 2011

My apologies to those you who are not from Ontario, because you're probably not going  to know what I'm talking about. I try  to keep this blog non-political, but I have to say that I'm totally against the idea of getting rid of smart metering. If only for personal, non-political reasons. Since the building I live in switched to smart metering, I've been  saving about 30 dollars a month on hydro costs, through a combination of keeping my lights off except when necessary, not running air conditioning excessively,  and other saving measures. So the removal of smart metering would be an economic loss for me. And it seems to me like it is better for us as a province. It is more accurate, cheaper to administer, encourages energy conservation, and personal responsibility. So what exactly is the logic for getting rid of it?

Please I urge who ever gets into power this fall in Ontario, keep smart metering!

No comments: