Wednesday, February 17, 2016

I think--not totally sure--but I think hotel staff are bringing me my breakfast this morning without me ordering. At least a coffee was delivered to my table without me asking for it. And I think I smell eggs frying. Two days in a row now I have ordered an egg and cheese sandwich, so I'm guessing that I'm getting an egg/cheese sandwich today too. Which is what I would have ordered anyway.

I want to say that this is the first time in a while when I have actually felt like blogging. I know that creative energy fluctuates up and down. Difficult to describe but I think everyone knows the feeling: when your energy is down, it is kind of like being a fly on a spider web--the more you try, the worse it gets. Or to put it another way, if you've seen the movie Limitless, the main character, Eddie Morra is trying to write a book, but mostly he is just sitting at his desk bouncing a tennis ball off the wall.

In any case we soldier on, right? I think it was Thomas Edison that said, "Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety nine percent perspiration".

No comments: