Sunday, June 03, 2012

Alright, apparently I have 15 minutes free courtesy of the Charles DeGaulle airport. So I will squander that time talking about the guy sitting beside me on my last flight. I think it may have been his first flight ever. Or maybe his first day ever. First he was watching an episode of Friends, the TV show, and laughing hilariously like it was the funniest thing he had ever seen. Then we got into a little, just a very little bit of turbulence--enough to make you careful with your drink, but not enough to stop you from drinking. Except this guy. He had a tight grip with both hands on the seat back in front of him and had his head down like it might all be over in seconds. I was actually concerned that if we did get into some real turbulence that he would have a panic attack (well, a bigger one), and how that would interfere with my dinner--chicken and pasta, with baguette, cheese and wine. Air France I guess, makes sense. The baguette I mean, I don't know about the panic attack.

1 comment:

Sky said...

15 minutes, wow, how generous of Charles de Gaulle. Bob, you are so funny, I just love your humor. This post had me laughing and smiling. Thank you Bob.