Monday, May 21, 2012

Today,  the final results of the presidential vote were officially declared and  then some celebration ensued. This is Piedra Blanca, a small town of maybe a few thousand people. But there was enough noise to make it hard for us to continue our office meeting. So I took the opportunity to duck out onto the office balcony and take some pictures.


This afternoon, I'll be heading for the border region near Haiti. This is about a 6 hour drive and I'll be there for a few days. No internet, no blogging sorry. The border area, which I think I've talked about in the past, is pretty interesting. There's this blending and clashing of cultures and economies and beliefs that make it pretty complicated and fascinating. Sort of a wild west scenario in someways. Would make an amazing Ph.D thesis for somebody. Anyone?

No comments: