Wednesday, March 14, 2012

On the plane on Saturday I hit the jack of my headphones with my knee, which broke the jack. I bought a jack replacement at an electronics store for 1.27, and found plenty of helpful videos on line, but this particular earbud set, SE115m, which is no longer being sold by Shure has a more confusing wiring scheme than regular headsets. So after some trial and error I figured out which wire goes where. So maybe I'll save someone else the hassle by saying Pin 1-Blue wire, Pin 2-Red wire, Pin 3-Black, Grey, Ground wire. The yellow wire I think is for the switch or mic, and doesn't seem  to need to be hooked up if you're just using it for audio.




1 comment:

Bev said...

Wow. Bob is going to be able to sing "I've been every where man"
thanks for sharing your adventures