Sunday, October 23, 2022

 Time to change to winter tires. It's 15 degrees C today which makes me feel a bit silly putting on winter tires, but it is the end of October, and it is Ontario. You know what they say in Ontario, "if you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes". If you change your own tires, a couple of things I've learned:

1. get a tire cart. I used to roll my tires out to my car from storage, but that is a pain and the tires keep escaping as they roll. A 60 dollar tire cart just takes the hassle out of it.

2. you can used a bicycle pump to inflate car tires. With the cheap pump I have, 1 full pump is almost exactly a quarter of a pound, so 4 pumps is 1 psi. When I put on the winters just now, they were all around 26 psi, so about 24 pumps was required on each tire. 



Summer tires tucked away til next year...




No comments: