Saturday, October 27, 2018

I'm at one of the more touristy restaurants in Moshi, and I decided to order their coco ndizi, a traditional dish with boiled bananas. The menu caters to the tourist palette, having mostly things like burgers, pizza, pasta etc, so local food is not that much on the menu. Generally when travelling I try to eat local. Partly because if I want pizza, I can eat all the pizza I want (and often do) when I'm home. Partly because my experience has been that local food is more likely to be better prepared 4 to 5 times out of 10 when I'm on the road. Partly because I'd rather try new or less familiar things (see the first point). When I made my order, the waitress cautioned me that it would take 30 to 45 minutes, which made me think two things:
1. "how is that different than so many meals I've ordered in so many different places?"
2. "it's Saturday, and I have time to kill, and sitting on this pleasant shaded patio in the nice garden sounds ok"


No comments: