Friday, August 04, 2017

In a few hours I get on a plane. Then sit on planes and in airports for the next 35 hours or so. Mostly at this point, I am just grateful that my stomach is ok. Last night I had a bit of a scare and thought that I might have a really miserable ride home. Bad fish as they say. But all systems are go right now. Funny that you don't think about your stomach when everything is ok, just when it starts to get queasy. Really, I should be elated every single minute that my stomach feels good.

This has been a good trip, and again, I am so grateful to the team here for all the work they did the past 2 weeks. It is very difficult to give a sense of the challenging circumstances under which we had to implement the evaluations here. I could list off a half dozen major things without thinking about it, any one of which on it's own would be a major show stopper. Not least of which is the rugged terrain on which this data was collected. In this photo I hope you get a sense of how the surveyors (seen at bottom of photo) are winding their way up a steep mountain trail to get to an interview. The effort involved certainly exhausted me, and I did probably a 10th of the walking others did.


No comments: