Thursday, February 12, 2015

Day 30 of 38: So far everything is holding up. I actually have a surplus of clean socks. I just had to charge my e-reader yesterday for the first time. And my electric water flosser is still working on one battery charge (amazing--but I'm expecting it to give out any day). I've change hotels at least 7 times. I haven't seen a gorilla though. And most likely will not. Those are so far upstream that it may be a while before I even get to a location where I could see one. And, truth be told, I've only spent about a third of my time actually in Congo. The rest has been spent in Bujumbura (Burundi) working on analysis and planning stuff. So even those two thirds of the time, I've been thinking about Congo--pretty much completely immersed in it (or is that submerged?). When I get home I think I'll take a day off. And I need a haircut.

No comments: