Thursday, January 15, 2015

It has been a long time since I had a major flight delay. By major I mean that my arrival time at my final destination has to get pushed back. In this case, I'll be arriving at 9 in the morning instead of 1:30 in the morning, which although later, is a much more civilized hour.  This particular delay happened to be on KLM, but they handled it pretty well, had my new boarding passes ready on my arrival in Amsterdam, and gave me a meal voucher (10 euros). All in all not a terrible experience. The worst part I guess was having to sit in the airplane for an extra 4 hours. Like I always say, it's a continuous miracle to me that a huge chunk of metal like that can get in the air at all and then come back down to earth again.

The time before when I had a major delay was probably 3 or so years ago. That one was Air Canada. The time before that was Emirates. These are all good airlines as far as I can tell. I see no discernible pattern as far as delays are concerned. And I would say that 95% of the time or more, my travel is trouble free.

Anyhow, now I've got a few hours to kill in Schiphol.

No comments: