Saturday, June 08, 2013

The unthinkable happened. i was sitting waiting for my flight to thailand and a big new airbus 380 pulls up to the gate. so that was good because the 380 is cool. But looking around at the gate I didn't see a whole lot of passengers--maybe just scattered around I thought. I boarded and sat there waiting for more people to get on. I kept wondering why it was taking so long to load this plane. At some point I came to the realization that the flight was far from full. My seatmate in the aisle realized this too and had the presence of mind to stake his claim on an empty bank of seats leaving me with aisle, mid, and window to myself. Plus 3 pillows. I am living the dream now. I got to lie down and have a real sleep like a civilized person. You have to understand empty flights rarely happen anymore. With all the codesharing and fancy scheduling technology even having 1 empty seat beside you is unusual. Even this flight was shared between 4 airlines and they still couldn't fill it. Couldn't have happened at a better time though.

No comments: