Friday, December 07, 2012

My last post from Haiti for a while. I've spent the past 3 days talking about mapping technologies with a couple different organizations. What I've learned is that there is a big need for community organizations to access and use mapping technologies but my perception is that many smaller community development groups don't have the resources to really take advantage of the mapping tools that could help them. We ourselves are just learning about the usefulness of them. Among many other things, it can really help an organization make better use of their (always limited) resources to have the biggest impact possible, as well as help them understand the kind of impact they are having. So the uses are there, the tools are there, and the demand  is there. I'm just not sure at this point how to connect all  those dots. I would love to spend all my time travelling around and helping organizations access and use these tools, but the way things are at the moment I don't have the time. I'm going to have to think on that some more. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. 

This picture really has nothing to do with the post. I just like the way the sun is reflecting off the tops of the hills.

1 comment:

Mark Hare said...

Gonna try leaving a comment again. We'll see.

Bob, thanks for working with MPP in Papay and with ODEPE in Verettes. It was great to hang out with you and hear your presentations. You had an impact. As you say, the next question is, "What's next?"