Sunday, October 21, 2012

Just had yet another disappointing airport sandwich. The thing is can I really categorize the experience is disappointing? I should know by now. They look pretty good through the glass screen, but it always turns out that the bread is cold and stale, the lettuce soggy. So if your expectations are low, then technically it's not a  disappointment is it? I know, it's a first world problem. There's a lot worse things to contend with in life than a tasteless sandwich. Still, I just feel like the airline industry has mastered the art of making food look promising from inside a plastic wrapper. I did once have a great sandwich in the airport. It was Heathrow. The bread was fresh and crusty, the cheese amazing, and the ingredients fresh and crisp. It was like it was just made. I remember it well. Too bad I can't remember the name of the shop since they deserve the credit for pulling off what no other airport seems to be able to manage.

No comments: