Sunday, August 28, 2011

"On the road again, I just can't..."
Wait? I could wait really. However, duty calls or something. Flying just as hurricane Irene hits the east coast is probably not my greatest idea ever, but the airline seems to think it is ok, so here we go.

On a completely unrelated note, yesterday an important Canadian political figure, Jack Layton, leader of one of our parties here, the NDP was laid to rest and his life celebrated in a huge ceremony in Toronto. I learned that one of his favourite songs was "Hallelujah" by Leonard Cohen, and it was performed at the funeral. It's a beautiful song, and one of my favourites too, but it got me thinking about what songs I might want performed when that inevitable day comes. Morbid maybe, but for the record here's a list of possibles:

When I survey the wondrous cross, Isaac Watts
There is a redeemer, Keith Green
Be still my soul, Jean Sibelius
Redemption songs, Bob Marley
We shall be free, Garth Brooks

2 comments:

cindy said...

Aug 28 - I am grateful for Bob traveling even when he is tired.

Bev said...

I like your music selections Bob. Nothing morbit about expressing your wishes and sending out a message at the same time. One of my requests is I Stand Amazed In The Presence or titled How Marvelous. Keep up the good work.
Bev