Tuesday, June 07, 2011

There's a couple of moths who have been hanging out on my patio screen for the past few days. I was struck this morning by what seems to me to be the remarkable similarity between the moth silhouette and the shape of the B2 stealth bomber. I don't know, maybe you don't see it. But it is known that some moths are able to evade bat sonar (for real, look it up!). So is it possible that the military noticed that and copied moth 'technology'? Or is it a case where the military came up with the shape completely independently? Or is it just coincidence and has nothing to do with being stealthy at all? Or is it just my imagination?

Have a look at tell me what you think...
(the picture of the moths is mine, the B2 I downloaded from the web, just to be clear.)






2 comments:

Bev said...

Good Eye Bob.

I think you uncovered a military secret.
Bev

Corbyn Small said...

biomimicry at its finest! way cool