Saturday, August 19, 2006

v3#8

Answering the question ´where?´ since the last update is a bit more convoluted than usual: Tanzania for work, top of Kilimanjaro (one of the most difficult things I´ve ever done), wildlife safari in Ngorongoro crater, 3 days in Rome (where I accidentally saw Billy Joel and Bryan Adams play in front of the Coliseum), Vancouver, B.C. for the first ever Morikawa family reunion, driving through the Rockies with my folks, the Dominican Republic to finalize plans for our new cross-border project (a joint effort between Floresta-Haiti, Floresta-DR, and Floresta-USA in an environmentally precarious area--you may remember the news from a couple years back).

I could prattle on and bore you with the details, but won´t (maybe on the blog). I do want to provide the answers for last month's plant id contest for those that are interested: A. Prunus (cherry) B. Alnus (alder) C.Quercus (oak) D. Quercus (oak) E. Prunus (peach) F. Pinus (pine) G. Fraxinus (ash).

Photo is me at the peak of Kilimanjaro! (Don´t bother asking if I was either cold or exhausted.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wait...all you wanted was family names for those trees? And here I was trying to key them out to species (well, not trying all that hard. in fact, I hardly tried at all. I thought about it though).

Glad you're still alive. Going to Thailand any time soon?