Monday, October 17, 2005

v2#10

Still in Canada. Leaving for Thailand this week. I've been home actually for almost two months, and I must admit it's been nice. Had some down time, had a chance to do some of the fun things I like to do here, and spent a lot of time reading. Reading mostly about plants of Northern Thailand as well as other work related topics. Don't get me wrong, I still get this adrenaline rush when those big turbine engines kick in and the plane lurches forward, pulling off what always seems impossible to me, which is launching that huge chunk of metal, and 300 people, and all their luggage (do you see what some of these people take?) into the air. I find my adrenaline levels tend to stay elevated for the duration of the trip--whether it's one week or one month, or longer, I find I'm constantly having to adapt and adjust and react to the unfamiliar or the surprising. You should see me when the plane touches down at Toronto airport (on this particular trip, late November). I'm always a basket case for at least a couple days.

Bob

Photo is shot from my balcony. Note the new condo construction now blocks view of CN tower.

No comments: